Monday, July 27, 2009

Sooooo Hungry!!!

Day two is coming to a close and I am getting hungrier and hungrier! I was hoping that my body would quickly adjust to the 10-block day but now I am having second thoughts...

I started the day much like yesterday but had more fruit rather than veggies (mistake???) Anyone have any thoughts on whether veggies make you feel full longer???

After that I had a 1-block snack, then a 2-block lunch, followed by another 1-block snack, saving 4-blocks for dinner since that is when I was hungriest yesterday. Not sure this is working though since I have pretty much been continuously hungry since I woke up.

I stopped by my mom's to pick up Campbell and saw a bowl of M & Ms and had to RUN in the opposite direction to avoid cramming them into my mouth.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day....or I will have to add some blocks!!!!!

Also wanted to add a link to a paleo/zone blog! This one has some delicious looking recipes!

http://stevepaleo.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I too was so hungry today!! Yesterday did not seem quite as bad as today. I realized though that I mistakenly skipped a block today. This was after I was still hungry AFTER dinner. So, I went ahead and ate my 3 little almonds...I resisted devouring the whole bag. When I got home from work at 1145pm, I made an egg and ate some cherries. Are there any rules about eating late at night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    No need to worry about eating late at night...I know it would be nearly impossible not to with your hours at work. The only downside is that the more you are awake, the more food you need to fuel your body but there is not much you can do about that! And the only thing I would point out is that it would have been better to eat the protein and carbs WITH your three almonds so that you are maintaining the zone proportions for each meal. Obviously, this might have been a one time thing since you were at work and may have run out of food. I know we are all adjusting to packing food for work and/or finding heathly alternatives at work. Hang in there! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete