Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1,412 (otherwise known as day 22)

Okay. It's been a while. I have to admit my excitement and exuberance for all things "Zone" has dwindled (I hear that happens when you starve to death :)

But when I realized that today really is day 22 (that means only 8 more to go!!!!), I also realized that though few of us have not had the occasional cheat (mostly due to poor planning), we are almost there!!! And I think that most of us have learned A LOT! We may not measure our food perfectly after this challenge is over, but I think most of us have learned quite a bit about portion size, eating the right ratios, and how food effects they way we feel and perform.

I for one am looking forward to getting together and binging. We can talk about what worked and what didn't and what we are going to do moving forward...and we can also eat a hell of a lot of brownies.

You in?

6 comments:

  1. Brownies are my favorite (along with chocolate chip cookies) so I am definitely in! I look forward to everyone's feedback too! This has been a really good learning time for me. I definitely have some more to learn but the food scale has really been an eye opener! I am shocked by the amount of simple carbs I can eat. I have also found that it is very important for me to drink a decent amount of water--I am notoriously bad about drinking water. Anyway, can't wait to hear more from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly have not been extremely strict lately. I haven't necessarily eaten bad...I just haven't been weighing and measuring often. Well, I did eat chocolate pudding that Julian and I made one day. I could not miss the moment with him. Anyway, it just became too difficult on days that I had to run around town all day doing errands and toting kids here and there...which is why people give into McDonald's all too often! I plan on picking up my strictness again and go out with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathrine, although I did not do the challenge with you all I would love to come hangout and cheat with everyone. I would also like to hear how people did on it. I changed to 10 blocks and have been on it for the last two weeks. It was tough at first, but I have gotten use to it now... thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,

    You are welcome to join us! Send me an email address and I will fill you in on the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Ode to Cheat Night
    -or-
    a very bad poem to illustrate my bad stomach ache

    Oh Cheat Night: How I both love and hate thee.
    Fantastic weather, hearty laughter, great camaraderie...

    Pizza, brownies, margaritas, chips, salsa, guac and wine,
    And to top it off the rumbling belly that so hastily reminds...

    The portion/ratio balanced paleo/zone plan must be on track...
    because a night of what used to be a 'normal meal' makes my innards feel under attack!

    --inspired by the night's aforementioned chips, salsa, guacamole, pizza, brownies, samoa cookie bars anddidimention margaritas and wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ayo bergabung dengan bolavita khusus new member lgsg di berikan 10% sabung ayam s128
    tanpa ribet dan masih banyak bonus2 lain nya
    semua di berikan tanpa ribet pelayanan terbaik 24 jam
    depo wd secepat kilat ^^

    info lbh lanjut :
    whatup : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete