Saturday, August 1, 2009

Zone Weekend

Hi Everyone,

It's Saturday, I just got home from the pool and the back squat workout and I am (as always), hungry. Russell is out of town. I am taking care of CF classes, the baby, the puppy, and a bunch of new baby chicks (plus, did I mention that I still have a "real" job?). If there was a good time to cheat, it would be now. But I'm not.

The reason I mention this is that from what I can gather, almost all of you have "cheated" at least once. I have heard various reasons...mostly ending in "but, this is really hard for me!" I just wanted to point out that it's really hard for EVERYONE. If it weren't, Burger King would be out of business, vending machines would stock Paleo Kits, and no one in America would be obese. It IS hard. All the time. But, it's also only 30 days. In the grand scheme of the rest of your life, 30 days ain't that long...so hang in there, don't cheat. After 30-days, most of you will be leaner, faster, and healthier. Then you can throw in cheat days or cheat meals or whatever.

On a side note, if you have cheated, maybe once, maybe twice, maybe even more, it's okay(ish)...IF you get back in the game and start following the diet as soon as possible. Don't use one cheat as an excuse to throw in the towel. Even with a couple of "mistakes", your diet is healthier than 9 out of 10 people's. Get back in there, suck it up and finish out this 30 day period!

And to those of you (the few, the proud) who HAVE NOT cheated, you know who you are and you know you kick ass. At the end of this challenge, not only will your binge be that much sweeter, but you will be looking at a pretty nice prize as well.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Katherine. We just need to remember that 30 days is our goal--for now. Also, the past is the past and we can't change it. What we can do is concentrate day-to-day. Cheating is such a slippery slope. It always seems like it is just a little but then it becomes a downhill slide before I know it. Someone has said that anything worth having is worth sacrificing for--and this is hard work--so I think we will all reap some amazing benefits in the end. That's what I am hoping for anyway. Good luck to all and keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete